Are you feeling low? Let us show you some David Goggins quotes to push yourself from your comfort zone, David Goggins is a motivational speaker, endurance athlete, ultramarathon runner, and former United States Navy SEAL. He is best known for his accomplishments in endurance events, such as setting the Guinness World Record for pull-ups and completing the “toughest footrace on Earth”, the Badwater 135-mile Ultramarathon. He has also competed in various triathlons and obstacle events, such as the Spartan Race. Goggins is the founder of the Goggins Force, an organization dedicated to creating better lives through physical and mental transformation. He is an advocate for mental health and encourages others to push themselves beyond their
David Goggins quotes
- “A lot of us don’t know about another world that exists for us because it’s on the other side of suffering. That’s the real growth in life.” -David Goggins
- “Only you can master your mind, which is what it takes to live a bold life filled with accomplishments most people consider beyond their capability.” -David Goggins
- “It’s about what we do with opportunities revoked or presented to us that determine how a story ends.” -David Goggins
- “When you think that you are done, you’re only 40% in to what your body’s capable of doing. That’s just the limits that we put on ourselves.” -David Goggins
- “It’s possible to transcend anything that doesn’t kill you.” -David Goggins
- ““If you want to be one of the few to defy those trends in our ever-softening society, you will have to be willing to go to war with yourself and create a whole new identity, which requires an open mind.” -David Goggins”
- “Life isn’t always about doing the things we like to do. It’s about doing things we have to do.” – David Goggins
- We live in a world where a lot of people need goals, motivation, and a lot of other words to get started. It’s just a big excuse to not get started. – David Goggins
- “Don’t limit expectations of yourself and settle for anything less than what you are truly capable of achieving.” – David Goggins
- “Be true to whoever or whatever you are and wear it like a badge of honour. Fit in with one person and one person only: yourself.” – David Goggins
- “Success is based off of your willingness to work your ass off no matter what obstacles are in your way.” – David Goggins
- “Don’t get mad at others because life is kicking your ass.” – David Goggins
- “The human body can withstand and accomplish a hell of a lot more than most of us think possible, and that it all begins and ends in the mind.” -David Goggins
- “You are in danger of living a life so comfortable and soft, that you will die without ever realising your true potential.” -David Goggins
- “You can will yourself to do almost anything you want.” – David Goggins
- “Teach yourself that it isn’t ok to take the easy way out. Make sure you are bothered by the things you set out to do but did not complete or make time for in the day.” – David Goggins
- Teach yourself that it isn’t ok to take the easy way out. Make sure you are bothered by the things you set out to do but did not complete or make time for in the day. – David Goggins
- When you fall down, focus on the solution, not the problem. You might quit or fail 100 times. Keep that clear picture of where you want to be. – David Goggins
- Even if you are hurting, never let your competition see the look of defeat or even vulnerability on your face. – David Goggins
- ““No one is going to come help you. No one’s coming to save you.” David Goggins”
- “I thought I’d solved a problem when really I was creating new ones by taking the path of least resistance.” David Goggins
- “When you’re exhausted, weak, and tired and everyone around you looks just as bad as you or even worse – that’s the perfect time for you to make a statement. You let everyone around you know that when their life ends, that’s when yours begins.” -David Goggins
- “We like to live our lives on social media with lies about ourselves about how great we are. Get to the source! Fix the problem.” David Goggins
- “If you’re not physically and mentally prepared for what life is going to throw at you, then you’re just going to crumble, And then, you’re no good to nobody.” -David Goggins
- “Everyday you’re trying to find more of what you’re capable of and that’s the big question. What are you capable of? Stop doing the things that you do every day. If you run everyday, go swim.” David Goggins
- “You will never learn from people if you always tap dance around the truth.” -David Goggins
- “We have the ability to go in such a space, if you’re willing to suffer, and I mean suffer, your brain and body once connected together, can do anything.” -David Goggins
- “You are stopping you, you are giving up instead of getting hard.” David Goggins
- “Motivation is crap. Motivation comes and goes. When you’re driven, whatever is in front of you will get destroyed.” David Goggins
- “In order for me to be the person that I wanted to become, I saw myself as the weakest person (that God) ever created. I wanted to change that into being the hardest man ever created.” – David Goggins
- “You have to build calluses on your brain just like how you build calluses on your hands. Callus your mind through pain and suffering.” – David Goggins
How to Incorporate Goggins’ Philosophy into Your Life
Here are a few tips to help you incorporate Goggins’ philosophy and quotes into your life:
- Make a list of Goggins’ quotes that resonate with you. Write down the quotes that you find most inspiring and meaningful. Consider displaying them in a place where you will see them often, such as on your fridge or on your office wall.
- Use Goggins’ quotes as motivation. Whenever you need a boost of inspiration or motivation, turn to your list of Goggins’ quotes. Read them, reflect on their meaning, and use them to motivate yourself to take action.
- Embrace the challenges in your life. Goggins encourages people to embrace the challenges in their life, rather than avoiding them. Try to view challenges as opportunities for growth and personal development.
- Push yourself out of your comfort zone. According to Goggins, the greatest growth occurs when you push yourself out of your comfort zone. Try to identify areas in your life where you can challenge yourself and then take action to push beyond your limits.
- Surround yourself with positivity. Goggins emphasizes the importance of surrounding yourself with positive, supportive people. Seek out individuals who are positive, uplifting, and will help you reach your goals.
- Focus on growth and self-improvement. Goggins is always striving to improve himself, and encourages others to do the same. Focus on your personal growth and strive to be the best version of yourself.
- Be relentless in your pursuit of your goals. Goggins is known for his relentless pursuit of his goals. Take his philosophy to heart and be relentless in your own pursuit of your goals and dreams.
About David Goggins
Goggins was born in Buffalo, New York, and grew up in a rough neighborhood. He was raised by his mother and grandmother, both of whom worked multiple jobs to support the family. Despite the challenges he faced, Goggins was driven to succeed and make something of his life. He joined the military and eventually became a navy SEAL, serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
It was during his time in the military that Goggins discovered his love for endurance sports. He trained for and competed in his first ultramarathon in 2005, and since then has gone on to set numerous records and become one of the most successful ultramarathon runners in the world. He has competed in some of the most grueling endurance events, including the Badwater 135-mile ultramarathon and the 100-mile Western States Endurance Run.
Goggins’ success as an endurance athlete is a testament to his mental toughness and resilience. He believes that anyone can achieve anything they set their mind to, no matter how difficult the task may seem. In his books and public speaking engagements, Goggins shares the lessons he’s learned and the philosophy that has helped him overcome adversity and push through seemingly insurmountable challenges.
One of the key themes in Goggins’ philosophy is the importance of embracing discomfort and pain. He believes that by putting ourselves through tough experiences and learning to embrace discomfort, we can develop a stronger mindset and become more resilient. According to Goggins, the key to success is not just working hard, but also outlasting your competition. He says that the ability to endure and push through tough times is what separates the best from the rest.
Another key component of Goggins’ philosophy is the importance of setting big, audacious goals. He believes that by setting challenging goals, we can push ourselves to become our best selves. He says that the act of pursuing a big goal is what motivates us and helps us grow as individuals. He also stresses the importance of surrounding ourselves with positive people who support our goals and help us along the way.
Goggins has written three books: Can’t Hurt Me, Never Finished: Unshackle Your Mind and Win the War Within, Endure: How to Work Hard, Outlast, and Keep Hammering, In “Can’t Hurt Me,” Goggins shares his life story and the lessons he learned along the way. He tells readers how he transformed from an overweight and out-of-shape navy SEAL to one of the most successful ultramarathon runners in the world. He also shares tips and advice for developing a growth mindset, building mental toughness, and overcoming adversity.
In “Never Finished,” Goggins explores the idea of never giving up, even when the odds seem insurmountable. He encourages readers to embrace discomfort and to never settle for mediocrity. He also shares the importance of setting big goals and the role that positive relationships and community play in helping us reach our full potential.
“Endure” is Goggins’ most recent book and is a comprehensive guide to developing the mental toughness and resilience needed to achieve success in life. He shares practical tips and advice for building mental and physical strength, and provides guidance on how to overcome adversity and push through tough times.
Faq & Summary
Who is David Goggins?
David Goggins is a former US Navy SEAL and ultra-endurance athlete known for his extreme physical and mental toughness. He is an author and motivational speaker who advocates for pushing oneself beyond one’s limits and embracing discomfort.
What is Goggins’ philosophy?
Goggins’ philosophy revolves around pushing oneself to the limit and embracing discomfort as a means of personal growth and achievement. He believes that setting big, audacious goals and consistently working towards them, while also embracing and overcoming discomfort, is key to unlocking one’s full potential.
What are some of Goggins’ famous quotes?
- “If you want to change the world, change yourself.”
- “Your only limit is the amount of suffering you’re willing to endure.”
- “Discipline equals freedom.”
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”
- “The only way to change who you are is to face your fears head on.”
How can Goggins’ philosophy be applied to everyday life?
Goggins’ philosophy can be applied to everyday life by setting big goals, embracing discomfort and challenges, practicing self-discipline, and surrounding oneself with positive influences. By consistently pushing oneself and embracing discomfort, one can achieve personal growth and fulfillment in all areas of life.
David Goggins’ words motivate us all to push beyond our limits and strive for greatness no matter the circumstances. Whether you need a little bit of extra motivation or just want some daily inspiration, these quotes provide an excellent starting point. So take a few minutes out of your day to reflect on all that David Goggins has accomplished and the impact he has had on so many lives; you won’t regret it!